Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Painful Show - Red Cliff

Hahaha... The first time in my life, my buttocks and my spine is painful after watching a show. Yup yup! I went to watch RED CLIFF yesterday with Karen, Royce, Sherard, Rina & hubby @ Yishun Golden Village. Although the show is not very long but all thanks to my spine.. I can't sit quietly throughout the show but keep on fidgeting.. Haiz



Cast: Tony Leung, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Lin Chi-ling
Director: John Woo
Genre:Drama/ Action
Language: Mandarin
Release Date:11 July 2008Running
Time:150 minutes


Hmmm.. I would say this is a very nice show if you like fighting / war scene, blood gushing out everywhere, bodies all around the place (like me). Hahaha... Its rather excited and watching this show makes me feel that I am playing my PSP - Dynasty Warrior...

In 208 A.D., in the final days of the Han Dynasty, shrewd Prime Minster Cao Cao convinced the fickle Emperor Han the only way to unite all of China was to declare war on the kingdoms of Xu in the west and East Wu in the south. Thus began a military campaign of unprecedented scale, led by the Prime Minister, himself. Left with no other hope for survival, the kingdoms of Xu and East Wu formed an unlikely alliance. Numerous battles of strength and wit ensued, both on land and on water, eventually culminating in the battle of Red Cliff. During the battle, two thousand ships were burned, and the course of Chinese history was changed forever.

I love the graphics and the dialogue.. It's a little funny out of the serious history lesson. But I hate it too.. How come only half of the show.. WHERE the hell is the ending? WHAT happen to the battleship of Cao Cao? DID Zhu Ge Liang (by Takashi Kaneshiro) and Zhou Yu (by Tony Leong) win the battle that time? Arrgghhh.. Must wait again. Oh yah! In case you were thinking what I am saying, let me explain. The show ended at the battle where Liu Bei's army lead by Zhu Ge Liang & Zhou Yu and the won the land battle but there is still battle on the sea which they did not show. Well needless to say, the show ended there with TO BE CONTINUED..

Hope Part 2 release soon before everyone forgotten the storyline of Part 1.. I will slowly and patiently wait.. I won't rant... =)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Part2 Jan 2009.

Many people do not know it is a 2-parter...

July 15, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home